Candace Wilson Art Studio has a long history of providing Healing Art collections to healthcare institutions. Our program makes it easy for corporations to donate to these institutions – and receive maximized tax credits for artwork donations.
Why sponsor a collection instead of individual artworks?
- Healthcare institutions are looking to incorporate healing art into their design. This means that they seek cohesive collections, not single pieces of art.
- Collections have a higher market value – but not cost – than individual artworks. This means sponsors can immediately benefit from increased value of their donations.
- Donated art collections come with recognition and branding opportunities.
Candace Wilson Art Studio has placed healing art collections in many institutions across Ontario, and understands the processes, relationships, and support levels to make this happen in a way to benefit all parties. A few key areas of support:
- We have formed strong relationships with healthcare institutions, and have determined the types, quantities and specifications of artworks desired. Instead of creating art, then trying to find a market, CWA Studio has the market lined up, assessed their needs, and we are prepared to quickly address these needs.
- We have partnered with investment experts and independent art appraisers, in order to satisfy Canada Revenue Agency regulations. An independent appraiser means you can be assured of receiving credit for the fair market value of the donated work – not just the cost of creation.
- CWA Studio has received many testimonials and white-papers from healthcare practitioners and institutions regarding the benefits of healing art. This reference material is available to demonstrate not only that art can be therapeutic, but that it can be targeted for specific effects to meet healthcare goals. This can be invaluable in winning the support of board members, principal donors, and staff.
- CWA Studio is happy to participate in internal meetings with your team, or to facilitate planning with accountants, appraisers and our partnered healthcare institutions.
Check out a few of our Healing Art permanent collections:
Toronto Western Hospital
The Toronto Western Hospital is a major research and teaching hospital in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is part of the University Health Network. It has 256 beds, with 46,000 visits to its emergency department annually. It is known for neurosurgery and was one of the first centres in Canada to use the gamma knife. Our… READ MORE
Bridgepoint Active Healthcare
Bridgepoint Active Healthcare is a complex care and rehabilitation hospital in Toronto. It is a member of the Sinai Health System and affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Peterborough Regional Health Centre
Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) is a regional hospital delivering acute healthcare to a rapidly-growing population of more than 300,000 in Peterborough and the surrounding communities.
St Michael’s Hospital
St. Michael’s Hospital is a teaching hospital and medical centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was established by the Sisters of St. Joseph in 1892, with the founding goal of taking care of the sick and poor of Toronto’s inner city.
The Concussion Centre
The Concussion Centre is one of Canada’s foremost point of care in healing concussion symptoms. Their great success is getting people back to their normal daily lives by improving sensitivity to light, ability to focus, and overall cognitive function. Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is the concussion therapy modality recognized in this field, worldwide.
International Art of Living Center
The International Art of Living Centre – Canada is a wellness and training centre that offers relaxing stays, retreats, courses and training programs. The Centre is an open space where you can take programs with a focus on well-being, health, knowledge and sharing.